We are an agency specialising in planning destination weddings and elopements in Europe for couples from all over the world, but mainly from US.
You don't need to have experience in wedding-related writing / editing. Our services have a lot of overlap with travelling (food, culture, nature, architecture, traditions), because for most of our couples getting married abroad is a lot about the journey / travel too. But you should have at least some interest in weddings, maybe from planning your own, attending a few or at least be keen to read up on this topic to allow you better editing of our content.
Currently our content is produced by a mix of people: sometimes our wedding planners give us ra notes that we edit. We also have a lady from Philippines who mainly writes blog posts and social media. And we ourselves (the founders) write some short texts too. However, none of us is a native English speaker or writer. So… this is where you come in:
– Proofreading & editing existing texts (blog posts, service descriptions)
– To give our texts consistent style and voice… YOUR stale and voice!
– You can chat directly with our wedding planners if you need any input
– We mainly communicate via chat or emails, but sometimes (once a month or so) we might talk on the phone
– You will need to consider SEO: it is super important for us. But no worries, we will provide you with lists of keywords inspiration and rough guidelines where / how to use them. But you don't need "SEO experience" as such.
– You will also need to consider a few minor "design"-things like making sure the texts in columns are of equal heights. Nothing to serious though.
– Some knowledge of WordPress would be great, but you don't really need it. You will just need to find the text to edit, which is super simple and I can record a video for you or give you a quick crash course
– A word of warning: you will notice that some of the texts repeat on multiple pages, sometimes up to 15 times. Example: see text under "Add extra services" on page /elope-in-germany below. In essence it is the same meaning 15 times, bu the text has to be 15 times unique, so Google doesn't punish us for duplicated content. We are working on consolidating such texts, but for now unfortunately we will have few occasions where we need to keep such "same, but different"-texts.
– You might need to edit other various things such as guest posts we write for other blogs, maybe some of ours wedding directory profiles (we give you access), but it is not core part of the job.
In total we have about 200 pages / posts, each ranging from 200 to 3000 words. We probably don't need to edit all of them, just the important ones, but there is still a good amount of texts for you to work through in case it will develop into a long-term relationship.
Speaking of long-term: if this is your cup of tea, we might also ask you to write a few new texts for us at some point. But let's see where it goes.
Here are a few example pages you would edit first:
Posted On: December 06, 2018 20:50 UTC
Category: Writing > Editing & Proofreading
Skills: Content Editing, Editorial Writing, English Proofreading, Proofreading, Writing
click to apply